10 March 2013

sun!

It is so lovely and warm, and the air smells like spring. I'm shifting the overwintered plants outside onto the balcony nearly every day now, but still bringing them in at night until they're properly acclimatized again. Here's pics of a few of them enjoying the sunshine and mild breeze: Stevia
Mimosa (this one has grown a lot!)
Hibiscus
Tarragon (not grown a lot. Hoping it does better with summer).
Lettuces and my few Broccoli in propped-open coldframe.
I also set outside the Bell Pepper, Rose and Curry Plant but they didn't all photograph well with the striped shadows cast by balcony railings.

And here's an empty pot. It used to have a Garlic in it, but suspect a squirrel thought I had hid treasures under the leaf blanket and dug it up. I'm hoping he didn't like it, and won't come back for more.
The other Garlics are all doing great!
There's Mints and on the right Chives behind these Garlic pots.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Wow everything looks great!!! I'm loving that we're finally getting into outdoor gardening season again :)

Jeane said...

Yep. I enjoyed seeing the pics of plants crowding your patio!