02 February 2012

dream 4

We've had a very mild winter, only one day of snow flurries, and now in february it's already quite warm. But in my dream last night it is snowing outside. I look out the mudroom window, and there's a row of small shrubs planted across the driveway, where I intend to cut it off and grow stuff, making the entire driveway shorter. Everything is gloomy under the overcast sky, and dusted with white, that surreal look that snow can cause. My daughter is crowing with delight over the snow, my husband is saying I told you so and I am just hoping none of the tender plants will die.

I know what triggered this dream- my husband told me not to start planting garden seed, as february is always our coldest month. I insisted that spring is coming and started anyway. The bit that puzzles me is the line of shrubs across the driveway! In my dream they were planted right into the asphalt.

No comments: