11 September 2011

mini geraniums

I'm always somewhat leery of trimming my little Geranium bonsai, in case I cut off too much and ruin its look or shape. This time I cut the plant way back, then after a few more days of staring at it, took out a few of the inner stems. And all of a sudden it's starting to look the way I want, like an actual little tree. It's just over a year old, now.
I'm not sure what to do with the few pieces I still have that were rooted cuttings from when this mother plant got trimmed in the past. Not really thrilled with any of them. This one is still just keeping its own shape
and this one which I left to do its own thing and put outside, grew smaller, dark leaves but nice thick stems. It makes me think perhaps I'll put the bonsai one outside next summer, to get more nice thick trunk.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

I just love this so much Jeane!!! I really need to do this sometimes. I actually don't like geraniums all that much, but they make an excellent bonsai!