29 September 2010

cleanup vegs

I took the last few Green Bean plants out of the garden. The nicest beans bulging with fat seed I hung in the shed to dry, although I don't know if this will work well, I think they cure better on the plant itself. But with all the rain we're getting, I don't want them to rot, either.
The previous lot I had tried to dry for seed was a fail. When I opened them, the beans weren't white like I'm used to but dark brown. I wonder if it was from the disease bugs spread through my plants. Not sure, but I don't think I'm going to take the risk in planting them.
I was going to cut down my last two Tomato plants, but then I found a half dozen green Tomatoes and this little beauty. So maybe they are going to give us a bit more fruit!
My Chard is happy with the change of weather, which besides watering it all day, has driven the nasty bugs off. It looks so lovely now!

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

A very pretty post :) Loving the colors of everything! My black eyed peas are almost done..your dried beans remind me of shelling them :) Once they're done I can plant my spinach!! Oh, I had a question for you..did you ever figure out what those little yellow bugs with the black spots were? They look like yellow lady bugs? Because I seem to have some that are liking my black eyed pea plants :O I don't know if they're bad or not....