26 April 2013

bouncing light

I continue to worry that my Tomatoes aren't growing well. Put little circles of tin foil at the base of each plant, the Peppers too. It will bounce more sunlight up into the leaves. I hope that makes a difference. I keep shifting them around on the patio, too, to keep in full sun most of the day. One side in the morning, other side in the afternoon. But once they need to go into the full-size planters I won't be able to do that...
I'm also trying to remember to feed them more than I'm used to for my plants, since I didn't put any compost into the potting soil. I've found myself dissatisfied with the potting soil I bought, too. I went with an organic mix, but made the poor decision of going with the cheaper brand. The consistency is just not what I'm used to, and it seems to matt together on the surface. Feels mostly like bark, too. Ergh.

No comments: