12 September 2011

dumb cane

I don't know why I have such bad results with Dieffenbachia, or dumb cane. Too much, too little water? Too little light, as it always grows leggy on me. It just doesn't like me? Well, my largest one fared awful while I was gone. It actually collapsed from lack of water, and then when I started watering it again the stems turned and grew upward, but lost a lot of leaves so it turned into this monstrosity.
Meanwhile, the piece that got broken by the cat so many weeks ago has grown more
and from the cuttings off that, one piece survived.
So I put them all together. Cut all the tops off the huge sprawling plant, dug up the thriving cutting, shoved them all into the one pot. Half of it will probably die, but it looks better for now! and now I only have one pot to fuss over, instead of four.

No comments: