26 April 2023

indoor stuff

I forgot to mention, but over a month ago I got a few new houseplants from someone taking cuttings in the neighborhood. This is string of hearts plant. So small!
I've since cut it back to one leaf set on the single rooted stem, and pieced the rest out into three parts to root again in water.
This one I think is supposed to be 'Cebu blue' pothos. It's leaves aren't as elongated as I've seen in other pictures, so I'm not sure if that identity is correct?
Here's another not sure of anymore- this plant when my husband bought it for me, was labeled as a monstera deliciosa, or swiss cheese plant. Mine's doing better now it stays where there's more light. I thought the leaves would get a lot bigger, and have a more broad shape, but maybe it will do that when it matures.
I recently took a few cuttings of this begonia (which I can't remember the name of right now!) and cut back hard the 'black witchy' (or whatever it's called) one just visible behind it the upper right corner, kept most of that as cuttings for new plant 
My little 'frosty' begonia is doing better in its new location.
The pilea has gotten taller- I'm starting to think I should cut it back
No picture of my madagascar palm, which survived the winter in a warmer spot but didn't get enough light there, so the leaves are all very small (as short as the thorns!) Sad to say my crown of thorns plant is all dead. 

Upstairs, I noticed my goldfish plant has a few bare spots. Trimmed some stems that were growing crosswise each other, am trying to start them rooting in water. Before, I've just stuck the stems in the soil and they didn't seem to take. Maybe this will work better.

No comments: