08 October 2022

33 update

Did another water change, pulled more sheets of cyanobacteria nastiness out of the tank, that same spot against the glass. I lifted out the bolbitis fern piece, and vacuumed thoroughly that whole area. Yeah, there was a lot of mulm. Tucker seems to be feeling better now- he's got a bit more color and looks more alert.
He hides when I clean in the tank- behind the rotala thicket or under a sponge filter in the corner. Whereas the white cloud minnows get all excited and dart around where I'm working, nipping at bits of stuff that gets disturbed into the water column. Caught an adult with the siphon accidentally- they just won't stay away from it! I netted him back into the tank, he's got a few scrapes but I think will be okay. 

Keeping background up to block some of the window light for a few more days, then I hope I've got the most of this problem beat. Another fulltank shot- I think this one came out a little better (click to view the whole thing larger)

No comments: