01 August 2022

fishes in the window tank

Another delightful surprise- baby fish in my tank again. You'd think the wonder wears off by now, but I still can't help stopping by the tank several times a day to look in close for the tiny bright streaks of blue on these fish fry. My white cloud minnows have been spawning lately, I thought the paradise fish would eat any fry. Not sure if these are the only ones to evade him (they're so quick) or if they were the only ones to find enough to eat in the tank- I haven't done any supplemental feeding. Didn't even see them until two were large enough to have the easily visible red tail fin. Must be a few weeks old. There are two larger ones, and one smaller that's either behind in growth, or hatched a week later. I wonder if the thicket of rotalas helps them hide.
Tucker is showing great color again. Though of course, he woudn't pause or flare when I was trying to take a photograph.

No comments: