09 February 2022

arugula up

Just three days, and my arugula seedlings are sprouting. (Kinda ironic that my least favorite green grows first, ha.)
Did something perhaps silly- took all the young and stunted lettuce out of large group pots they shared in the greenhouse, put them in small individual pots. They weren't doing well- in part I think because the soil I used in a hurry in the fall, was poor quality. I remixed with some vermicompost while repotting. Plan to put majority of these in the ground, instead of starting more lettuce seed. I'm bringing them indoors to the basement on nights it drops below freezing, while the tokyo bekana, tatsoi and dill stay in the greenhouse with extra covers on.
I think the vermicompost boost helped. Some of them are already looking greener.

No comments: