29 May 2021

houseplant growth

My solid-green spider plant has two new runners, the white flowers already starting to fade as the baby leaves grow on the end of the shoots- 
They're like tiny white stars.
Young monstera leaf unfolded!
The wandering 'dude' bolivian (haha) is looking better- and it even grew enough that I took cuttings.
I was surprised when I first read that this plant is closely related to the trandescantia zebrina- but realized when I took the cuttings yeah, it's the same in minature. The stems feel the same, the leaves have the same type of structure, only so very much smaller. So little, that I put the cuttings in a empty fish food can.
My peace lily and heartleaf philodendron have been in this new spot for a while- moved up off the floor by a window, to living on a table by the window. It was enough increase in light to make a difference- they both have new leaves growing.
Angelwing begonia still doesn't seem to get quite enough light- it retains the ladderlike upright growth habit, even though I've pinched it twice. There's the two younger angelwings below it.
I was thinking of cutting it in half, and rooting the top to double its mass- but then found this!
It's growing a new shoot at the base. I'm tickled pink.
Not pictured: pilea also has more new leaves, it seems happy now. And upstairs, my lipstick plant has a new shoot! it's the first I've seen that one grow in a long time. Looking forward to its flowers this summer.

1 comment:

Lectrice Vorace said...

The little cuttings in the empty fish food can are so cute! The angel wing begonia has beautiful leaves.