02 May 2021

55 progress

A while back I made some adjustments to the tank again- put plastic sheeting on the LED as the light seemed too intense- more algae spots had been showing up. It's always hard to tell but things do seem improved now- for one, the hornwort is growing like crazy, and forming a very nice security wall for my angelfish
Crypt balansae next to it is looking great
Upper leaves on the buces remain clear of algae so far
Java ferns look better and have new growth
Crypt retrospiralis also grown- and quite curvy!
My giant vals americana have been unhappy- lots of leaves turning yellow, then brown, then eaten by the snails. I think from the change I made to the light. I've been watching for new leaves- yes there are some- and two new shoots on runners! which I clipped and replanted into the end of the basket, where there's a bare spot.
Leopard vals also continue to do well- much better than jungle val ever did for me- and the angelfish seems to appreciate them

No comments: