03 February 2021

new light

Over a week ago the new LED strip arrived for my 55 tank. Here's a full tank shot.
I did some trims, removing lower buce leaves that had algae:
Stuck a tiny buce piece in a little driftwood hole.
Moved a few things around, tucked all the java ferns onto the lower left end of the driftwood arrangement:
Here's after the anubias were cleaned up and then their tops cut and moved- most of them I just wedged under roots and projections of the wood to re-situate them lower down (as the new light is brighter). The tank looks tidier to my eye now, but not as nice of arrangement until the anubias regrow some of their leaves and fill in that middle space. I'm watching to see if the remaining bare stems rooted to the wood regrow new leaves, and if they stay free of algae or not. Might need to adjust the photoperiod. 
It's hard to tell, but I think my angelfish appreciates having more room. She's far less skittish now, and when she does startle and flee, she glides to a stop in a corner to hide, instead of running into walls anymore.

No comments: