17 January 2021

some things in the 33

I noticed a plant shoot coming up against the front glass- these pics three days apart. It looks like another crypt moehlmanii. I may soon have to actually thin out this plant for the first time.
The second-oldest crypt moehlmanii is sprouting a new leaf-
and the third, young one by the bolbitis driftwood is growing too, although its leaves remain a little smaller- probably because they get less light? I'm thinking of shifting the driftwood piece to give it a bit more room. Hard to see because still blends in with the anubias foliage.
I was pleased and surprised this week to notice a vallisneria that looked slightly different- growing off to the side of the small group, more towards the dwarf sag and the middle rear of the tank.
I do think it's the first of my jungle vals to grow off a runner since I planted this tank two and a half years ago.
This last thing is smallest- I found two tiny specks on the glass- 
It's an infant ramshorn snail
This other speck I thought was a limpet (maybe they came back since no paradise fish to eat them?)
but on closer focus I can just make out a spiral- another baby ramshorn!
No more minnow fry though. At the point of a week or two old when I can actually see them, they seem have a harder time finding enough food to eat even though I attempted giving them first bites. Or something else happened to them, but I haven't seen any in days now.

No comments: