01 December 2020

early plans

It feels too soon to plan the garden, but some seed companies are already out of stock! (I guess that means a lot more people are gardening which is nice to know) so I placed a few orders online while I can. With my favorite local growers plus a new one I discovered Native Seed Search. I actually don't need much garden seed- the only thing I usually grow that I'm out of is peppers- but always like to try something new. So this is what's coming in the mail:

Carrots- 'Bolero', 'Dragon' and 'Red Core Chantenay'
Sweet Alyssum in three shades of purple / pink
Sweet peppers
Benne (sesame seed)
Melon de Castilla
German Thyme
'Slo Bolt' Cilantro
Cowpeas 'Corrientes'
Ancho peppers
Turnip Rutabaga 'Westport Macomber'
Salad Burnet
Sweet Mace (aka Mexican Tarragon)
Peanuts 'Virginia Jumbo Champ'

If I have success with these seeds, then I won't have to buy all my replacement herbs from the nursery every year- will only need stevia- which I really miss- and rosemary- if the sweet mace works as a good substitute for tarragon. 

I'd also like to add to my garden strawberries, potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, garlic etc . . .  Have to figure some of that out- more space, more sun, what made the potatoes get disease two years in a row so I gave up on them. Maybe next year, or the one after.

No comments: