17 September 2020

planted

a week ago actually, but I'm only just now getting around to all the pictures. Beautyberry- between the base of the shady sideyard slope and the large holly shrub, against side of the house.
From the other side it's barely visible, but I hope it will grow out and arch over/through the railings, reaching onto the lower deck.
Oakleaf hydrangea to one side of the rear perennial bed-
I'm rather excited to have this plant. I hope it fills in a great blank space back there, and I love its foliage
not to mention the flowers will come. I fenced it against deer and rabbits-
I feel like it's already making a statement in the rear left of that bed
Just in front left of that main oak tree, I put the st. john's wort. 
Looks small now, but already I like its contrast against the hellebore.
View from other angle:
The wandflower went to the side near pannicle hydrangea, between smaller rue and the two jacob's ladder plants 
(all of them rather inconspicuous right now)
Up front I rather ruthlessly dug up all the echinacea that were next to my lilac- it was getting crowded
Also dug up the two hyssop here on the driveway edge- even though it's been doing splendid
I wanted to put these bright bold blanket flowers there instead
(there's still a few rudbeckia and marigold in between)
That meant moving the hyssop- and assuming it's part of the plant scent keeping rabbits from my garden, I figured to use it elsewhere. Replanted on top of the shady sideyard slope- in a curve around edge of the turtlehead patch and yellow salvia.
The two plants divided into four- one I pulled apart and the other broke when I was digging. 
Don't know how well they'll do here- probably not quite enough sun- but I wanted to try
Well now the lilac has all its space. Underneath it I've planted little plugs of bugleweed, but that's coming up.

No comments: