20 July 2020

the good and not-so

Of my window tank. Next door in the 20H, white cloud fry look like neon tetras with red tails!
I did cull three more fry this week that are behind in growth and can't manage to eat gold pearls (half size to the others)
No great loss. Still loose count when I get over twenty-
Best photo this week of fry- in terms of clarity. They're eating mostly gold pearls and crushed flake or pulverized shrimp, omega one or NLS pellets. Starting to gather in the front corner of the tank when I feed, instead of being at random everywhere. 
Corner shot of the window tank, in sun. I've been culling out trumpet snails in favor of ramshorns and bladder snails, which are the spots on the rear glass there.
My paradise fish is back to hanging at surface lethargic, after two days of looking well and eating eagerly. He went half-heartedly for bits of shrimp pellet this morning, but spat it out. Had a worse bout of gasping with that odd noise. Now I wonder if he's got gill damage. I have dosed this tank with levamisole and prazipro before, Laddie is still ill. I'm looking for instructions on how to do a potassium permanganate dip, and take skin or gill scrapings to look under microscope (I've tried this before and wasn't able to identify anything, but gill flukes sound easier to see).

No comments: