07 July 2020

plants on my deck

All my herbs in the row- left to right: chocolate mint, bay laurel- on the shelf three basils, tarragon in the white pot (which died), thyme, ginger mint, chives, wild mint, summer savory, one pot of coleus. On front deck level: two pots of dill (now gone to seed), pot of mixed basil, rosemary, chervil (which flowered and just died back this week) and parsley.
Closeups on some of those- chocolate mint isn't as prolific as last season- I think because I didn't dig out the runners circling the rim of pot earlier. I'll have to upend and divide this coming spring.
Bay leaf looks really healthy- almost has a glow
Basils- have yet to taste the ruffly one
Purple amaratto is just for show
but we are eating the sweet basil!
Here's ginger mint and unnamed one, chives and other pots behind.
Other side of the deck has some coleus, marigolds and figs in corner:
Fenugreek is growing well now
but it doesn't smell as strongly as I remember from last year
Citrus geranium- pleased with this one again
We aren't eating the kale anymore, but I still water it and will cut down end of august to have fresh growth for fall.
My lime-and-orange coleus is very red and yellow now!
Sweet potato vine is doing great considering how far gone it was this past winter.
Nasturtiums are all in flower. I like these deep orange/red ones.
Other fig shares a corner with 'gay delight' coleus.
Nicotiana is stunning. This was a week ago-
and today:
the flowers started out peach colored, 
but now are white.
It's almost too big for its pot!
One of my favorites is still the lime geranium. 
Before
and after a bit of cleanup.
Delicate flowers.

No comments: