29 April 2020

creeping charlies

Potted up the cuttings I had in a jar on top of my bookcase. I'd forgotten to change the water often, so some of the stems had rotted and got tossed.
It's doing much better than its parent- still here on my desk corner- where it probably gets too much light.
But up on the bookcase I can't see the newly-potted charlie well, so I moved it to a shorter bookshelf between two windows
Here's the one that's been by sliding glass door in our living room. Still yellowish. I moved it further back into the room, to sit on the tv furniture.
And here's the remnants of the original pot, recovering nicely now.
Creeping charlie all over the house! Yet another sprig stuck in water to root (from the jar I just potted up, this one had no roots left when I trimmed off rotten stem), and there's a small pot of newly rooted cuttings in my kid's room too.

No comments: