27 January 2020

feels like early spring

a walk around the yard. Picking up sticks, noticed green stuff growing among the leaf litter and mud, went to get my camera. It seems early, but here they are. Arum:
My ajuga (bugleweed) survived the winter! Of course it did, ha.
Daylilies. I need to clean up their old foliage.
Small bit of cranesbill leaf.
This volunteer plant I still think might be a wild ginger?
Rumex, bold and brassy
Autumn joy sedums. I need to dig and move them.
and my favorite, still-unknown blue-green weed
My newer shrubs are all doing fine (although it's too early to tell with the rose-of-sharon, they won't show growth till much later). Here's my mountain laurel- the one I keep forgetting to give any attention.
Bonus: I found a small black spiky caterpillar crawling on the edge of lawn. Woolly bear- without any brown/russet bands. Can't remember if I ever saw an all-black one before.

No comments: