19 August 2019

snailfest

So the other day I went to local fish club. Someone had brought in a container full of ramshorn snails; nobody else wanted them so I brought them home as live food for my paradise fish. I dropped in just three or four to start- and Laddie was so excited. Colored up bright red and stripes showing like I haven't seen in ages. Darted around, making quick jabs down to grab a snail-
once I heard a shell knock against the tank glass when Laddie grabbed it, but I don't think he did it on purpose. It looks like he just suctions them out of the shell, all avid eagerness.
He didn't get them all, there's one hidden under an anubias leaf, but I have plenty more in reserve. Right now they're in a plastic box I sometimes use to temporarily hold small fish or plants. I siphoned out waste and replaced some of the water this morning, but I need to find a larger container for them to live in, so I can dole them out to Laddie over time.
Although I really like the blue ones. Might keep those and put in the angelfish tank.

No comments: