18 July 2019

shifts in the 45

So I added hornwort recently again- just because there was some available for free at fish club. I don't know if these will last- surprisingly they aren't dropping tons of needles right away, so maybe.
I got taller uplift tubes; now the tank looks tidier, I hope the flow is better with increased circulation. I noticed right away when I finished installing the new uplifts, the single black skirt tetra quit hiding behind anubias and started moving alert around the tank. Maybe he feels the difference. I also pulled off most of the rubber bands that were still on driftwood pieces, not needed as roots have taken hold. It's a small thing, but looks nicer without those white ties.
My aponogeton capuronii in the background is finally growing out a bit more. I'm kinda frustrated that all the vallisneria died out, and that the floaters I wanted- frogbit, water lettuce- also died on me in here. Maybe I will try another kind of val species, or get more aponogeton and see how they do.

No comments: