07 July 2019

Perry gone

I no longer have my Perry fish. He has been looking unwell for so long (over a month now). I finally noticed there was more degradation of his tail, and dorsal fin no longer had a point. I worried he had fin rot and did more water changes. I put up a solid wall to try and reduce stress of him facing the other paradise fish
but they could still see each other in reflection gap where the wall met the glass- or just knew each other were there via scent or something? Laddie would flare and threaten at that spot of the wall where they always faced off, and Perry would act submissive.
He got more and more pale, and quit moving, just hovered in one place near the surface, or alternately lay on the bottom of the tank. Lost his appetite again.
I couldn't watch him suffer any more, especially when Laddie on the other side is zipping around curious about everything, dashing after his food. Perry just sat there looking unhappy, stressed or miserable. I overdosed him with clove oil in a small container and buried in the yard. It was a bad day.
In retrospect, I realize I ought to have at least tried a second round of parasite treatment, I never did repeat the levamisole and maybe I also forgot to finish up the parzi/metro treatment- I can't recall now because we had a health crisis in the family and my fishes were low priority.

No comments: