03 June 2019

more flowers

Cosmos
Zinnias!
Next year I definitely need more,
and to plant them closer together.
My celosia are all short-
but maybe they will still grow up some
First coneflower!
Cranesbill are blooming all over
Starry blue borage-
Plenty more on the way from their fuzzy buds-
Spiky red purple salvia-
Anticipation for black-and-blue salvia- the plant is above my hip now!
Yellow sedum, hiding the old stump-
Somehow fuschia disappoints me. I remember it so fondly from my childhood, but I guess my tastes have changed. Now that it's blooming heavily on my porch, I find the flowers look unreal, fake- and I prefer to admire its. And sadly, it is not attracting any hummingbirds yet. Only a few mealy bugs which I smudge out.
Clematis has been done blooming for a while now- but the spun-gold looking hair of their remnants are interesting to look at-
I didn't realize this one had a daddy long legs perched on it, until I had the photo up on my computer!

No comments: