31 May 2019

oh, Perry

what happened? This morning he looks paler and more pinched than usual, and has a dent, a dark vertical mark on his body- just below the dorsal fin.
And the bottom edge of the wall is pushed in towards Laddie's side.
I think Perry was trying to force his way under the wall at night, and injured himself. He got a small tear in one pectoral fin last week, and broke his upper caudal filament weeks before- I wonder if this is all the same thing- him trying to break through the wall and fight to get it all back. SIGH.

I am dosing the tank with metro and praziquantel- starting tomorrow- had to buy a new packet of meds. Just because Perry continues to have poor appetite yet looks plump, and occasionally flicks against things still. It's either one of two things: Perry is miserable from stress over his tank neighbor, or that stress had lowered his immune system so he fell sick to parasites while Laddie didn't. I don't know.

I am looking around this weekend to find something I can use for a solid wall between them. It doesn't have to allow water flow, as I have a sponge filter on each end.

No comments: