26 February 2019

charlie charlie

My main creeping charlie plant got a trim. It was trailing down so far from its pedestal dragging on the furniture surface and snagging on things when I rotate it (about a half turn daily, to keep its growth even). It looks nice and sprightly now!
Here's the pot of its scions, up in my bedroom. This one got thinned out- it had quite a few leaves growing suspiciously curled under (like some of my aquarium plants do when lacking certain ferts). I simply pinched all those off, and some large, older pale leaves. The appearance is much tidier and bright now.
I have one more small pot of this in another room downstairs, and have put cuttings from these trims into a jar for more starts. I think it would make a nicer plant to gift to my friends than jade (which I also have a lot of, but haven't grown baby plants out of that for a while).

No comments: