27 January 2019

the other tanks

Moved all the shrimps out of the betta tank. They're in my 20H now. I can't tell yet if Ruby is relieved, or misses the activity. Certainly feeding time will be calmer for him now!

I kept thinking about how I saw the plants pearling the other day, and suddenly realized I've been doing maintenance and fert dosing usually an hour or two before the lights turn on. Perhaps the windelov and stems suffer because the lag is too long- they need to utilize ferts immediately? Just to see, I shifted my photoperiod to start at 2pm- the time I'm usually just finishing up with water change on this tank every friday. They did pearl a ton this week when I dosed right as the light came on!
I'm still watching this leaf grow, in the window tank.
this week there was far less brown algae on the glass, but a lot still on plant leaves which I rubbed off as much as I could, some too fragile will tear. I refolded and taped up the third layer of plastic sheeting between tank and window again.

No comments: