30 January 2019

foxtail fern moved up

Of all the plants I repotted, this one really needed it. Here's the asparagus fern freed from its old pot, sitting next to the new home on the left.
It was very root bound, all winding around tight circles.
When I loosened out the roots to straighten some, found there wasn't much soil left in the mass at all, and tons of these fat round root tubers.
I think they store water, or nutrients? for the plant. I felt bad cutting some off but pretty sure it will be okay and grow more
Here's the asparagus fern looking lovely back on its pedestal. I gave it a good drink and have been misting it daily to make sure it recovers well from the shock of repotting and a root trim. I trimmed a few of the fronds recently, too- that were near hitting the floor again.

No comments: