15 December 2018

in the angel tanks

There is still no trouble between M. Beautiful and the black skirt tetras- and I do think their presence is having a positive effect! Angelfish is beginning to act much calmer. Half the time he comes eagerly to the front waggling tail in anticipation when I walk downstairs- other times he still startles or turns away, but doesn't go pale as often, doesn't crash around in a panic anymore.
Tank seems a lot busier than I ever wanted, especially when the kuhlis smell food and dash all over the place searching it out. In a week I'll add the four more tetras out of QT. Gave up on my idea of having this just sticks and leaf litter. Starting to think of adding more plants: anubias coffefolia instead of anubias lanceolata, and I'd like to try my crypt wendtii in here, maybe some vals (in another planter) and attempt floaters again- dwarf water lettuce?
Here's the tank I'm not proud of- 20H where Skye lives alone (snails don't count as company)
Thinking I'll move all the anubias lanceolata in here if I do take them out of the 45- lighting is fine for it. This angelfish is always eager to greet a person- so much I have trouble getting a photo of it broadside.
I'm still going to attempt a re-introduction a week or so after moving the last of the tetras into the 45.

No comments: