29 October 2018

Perry has grown

I looked in the top of the 33 one morning and thought: what is that foamy stuff? and then I realized: it's Perry making a bubble nest! or trying, at least- the bubbles are in patches here and there. "Ho!" I said out loud, "Perry is feeling flirtatious!"

I've been watching their behavior at the dividing wall closely. They don't seem to bite at each other as much now- and usually it's Lady trying to bite. Perry tends to hold himself broadside and display, or sit just under his little bubble patch and fan his fins wide. I tried to get a few pictures to compare- I do think he's nearly the same size as the female, now.

Poorly, backlit photos due to the window- this one taken from the couch:
from closer:
When I pointed out to my seven-year-old that Perry was nearly Lady's size and perhaps it would work to take the wall away, she egged me on immediately: "do it, do it!" But I think it's safer to wait until Perry is obviously larger than Lady.

No comments: