29 August 2017

seed harvest

Gathered some seeds from the garden last week. Lots of sweet peas in dry pods-
although I bet the patch will re-seed itself I want to try planting it next year in a different spot against a wall, but I need to build a trellis.
Not sure if I will get anything to grow from these swiss chard seeds. The stems were laying on the ground tangled under other plants and looked like getting moldy in the rain. I pulled them- but a lot were still green and others very small. I only saved the largest, dry seed clusters.
Had almost forgotten I was trying to get lettuce seed, too. These are heads from the little ceasar (or is it romaine?) They hadn't all gone into white fluff yet but were getting yucky looking in the rain so I cut and brought inside to see how much will dry out. Bolted simpson lettuce is still out there.

No comments: