15 March 2014

oto update 5

I'm a bit fish-obsessed right now, but things are slowly improving. Sparky looked better this morning. He is not lying on top of the heater or plants at surface anymore, but moving around the tank a bit- on the filter, under the castle, on the bridge. I can't tell if he's eaten, but I think he doesn't look quite as thin. Definitely better color, more relaxed fins. Although still a patch of fungus on his back and two of his fins look a little ragged.
I'm continuing the regimen of a half-gallon water change twice a day, with meds added proportional to the change. Someone on a forum told me how to do it, as the medication dosage (a tablet) treats ten gallons and I only wanted to treat half a gallon. I dissolve one tablet into two and a half cups of water, then take a fourth cup of that into the half gallon of conditioned water, to get the right amount of medication for the water change.

There was white poo as well as brown in the tank today, so unless they have parasites, maybe somebody ate zucchini last night!

No comments: