02 November 2013

new fishie

Meet my new betta fish!
He's a dragonscale (plakat) like Pinkie, but different colors- a darker blue, with bronze tint to the scales.
I didn't notice until he started displaying and fanned out his fins entirely, that they are purple compared to the other fish's pink hue, and have bold white edges.
I call him Flash.
Pinkie is quite excited to have a new neighbor.
He immediately started darting around and displaying at the edge of the glass. It's hard to get a picture when they do this- if the fish are against the curve of the bowl I just see flashing tails.
They are so excited, constantly moving around alert and on display, that I worry they will tire themselves out!
I think I will have to put a cardboard partition between the bowls at times so they don't see each other and give it a rest.

No comments: