15 October 2013

mimosa blah

Well, it seems my little Mimosa tree has a chronic disease, I think fusarium wilt. The foliage is all fading gray and dropping faster than new growth appears, now. I took some drastic measures, but don't have much hope for this plant.
I emptied its pot and filled with new soil, but don't know if it's any cleaner than the soil I had in there before. Then I cut its head off. Probably killed the thing, but a bit encouraged by the fact that a few days ago I saw a mimosa sapling at the old property which I had tried to kill by cutting it down to the ground two years in a row (it grew too close to the house, right up against the foundation) and that one is bigger, fuller and healthier looking than the one I have in a pot.
So we shall see. I brought the pot indoors against colder weather. If it regrows, happy I am. If not, no loss it was dying anyways.

No comments: