15 July 2013

garlic infusion

I got four little heads of Garlic from my plants, small but nicely pungent. Didn't get to eat them though. Used to make a garlic spray against insects.
They weren't quite cured yet so the skins pinkish hue.
Nearly 4 oz of garlic
steeped in water for two days
then applied with a tablespoon of dishsoap.

This is what I'm battling. Pale splotches on all the leaves, pictured here Mint:
It seems to be diminishing though; the newer leaves look healthier. I think I'm routing them!
Also on the Celery
and Marigolds
and Petunias and Nasturtiums and others... Appears to be aphids, mostly.

Lavender cut down
As a further preventative measure I scrubbed out all the empty pots good with hot water and bleach. The number of empty pots now exceeds the number of live plants on my balcony...

No comments: