05 March 2012

gloves

I'm rather hard on my gardening gloves. I bet you are, too. Funny thing is I don't wear them too often, and yet I have to buy a new pair every year. I like to feel the soil in my hands, and the seeds. Although weeds make my skin itchy. I usually only wear the gloves when I'm doing something that will give me blisters, like lots of shoveling or raking. Or something very dirty like turning compost. Otherwise I tend to work bare-handed.
But now I have new gloves! Roc gloves. They were part of a christmas gift from my sister (thanks!!) And I find myself wearing them all the time, except for when I'm handling small seeds. Because like it said on the package, wearing these gloves you feel like you're not. Like your hands are still bare. And I like that. Even though on cold days my hands still feel the chill of the damp soil.
So if you're like me and enjoy feeling the soil, but want to be able to pick up your baby on a moment's notice without getting her all dirty, these gloves are perfect. And no, I didn't get paid to write this. I'm just saying it because I'm so happy with these gloves I hope they don't wear out for a long time but when they do I know I'll go looking for the same kind again! (And they're made out of bamboo!)

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Ooooh! These sound fantastic!!! I'm like you…I can wear out a pair of gloves in no time…If I'm turning soil or something, I can literally put holes in a pair in a couple of weeks, lol. I've found a good pair but I still FEEL like I'm wearing gloves. I do most of my gardening bare handed too because I just love having my hands in the soil!! Just added these to my wishlist :)

Jeane said...

They're great! I hope you can get a pair!

chrisa511 said...

Totally ordered a pair today!!!!! So excited :D

Jeane said...

Yay! Let me know if they feel the same to you- like naked hands in the dirt (more or less).