05 February 2012

seedling progress

The little Onions are growing quickly! a teensy forest of grass
And look at the lovely Nasturtiums. They're bending because my light source wasn't enough for them, so I've put them outside in the coldframe. I hope it's not too chilly. I'm checking on them frequently; if they show signs of stress from the temperature change I'll bring them back inside.
I've also got Tithonia, Marigolds and Cosmos just sprouting. I don't think the Peas are going to grow. Last year when I tried to direct sow them outside, nothing ever came up. I think the seed is just too old and not viable anymore. Peas only keep well for about two years.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Might be worth it for you just to go buy a little packet of peas! Everything else looks great :)

Jeane said...

I've thought about that. I should have picked some up at the grocery store this weekend! I just wanted to get a super-early start on peas because they never last long here once the heat hits.