18 September 2011

trees!

I've planted a tree! Well, actually it was growing in my walled bed for a year, but now it's in the permanent spot. I took advantage of a warm but windy day (which keeps the mosquitoes off my baby) and put Sonja on a blanket nearby where she could look up at the leaves moving.

Dug out the middle of a rotten stump and planted the tree there. It's a flowering crab apple. My older daughter is hoping it will be a good climbing tree for her someday, but I'm not sure how many years she'll have to wait for it to get big enough!

One of her Apples suffered a shock (I'm not sure from what) and all its leaves suddenly turned brown and curled. Not winter shedding, as the other apple is doing fine still.
I have hope though, because at the ends of the limbs new fresh leaves are opening, so its still alive.

No comments: