24 March 2011

more seedlings

I'm glad I sowed more trays of seedlings. Very happy to see all the Heirloom Beefsteak Tomatoes came up
also quite a few more Basil plants (so teensy right now)
and lots and lots of Marigolds! (I counted fourteen seedlings in the new tray and feel pretty sure even more will sprout, so there will plenty this year to fill all the gaps in the garden).

It's been a cold week of rain, with even a bit of snow mix predicted for the weekend. I've kept my Tomato, Pepper and Basil seedlings inside under lights, and left the other young plants (not quite as tender to chill) outside in the shut coldframe. If it really does snow I'll probably cover the coldframe with a blanket to insulate it more. I'm wondering if I should throw a pile of leaves back over the Rhubarb and Strawberries? or if they'll withstand one day of chill okay...

No comments: