01 November 2010

fall garden

I've got a lot of catching up to do on garden posts. A few weeks ago we were gone traveling for ten days, and my plants got kind of neglected. Most of the houseplants were watered, but for some reason my beautiful Oregano looked bone-dry when I got home. Just the tips of the stems were still green, every time I bump the plant while watering it now dead leaves fall off further down the stems. But it seems to be recovering nicely now and I've even pinched a little bit for cooking.
Outside although the garden got no attention, everything seems to be doing fine. The Strawberries are as green as ever.
 All the young plants I put in the ground right before we left are thriving (although I still don't know if I planted them early enough to get a good harvest). From front to back here you can see the Beets, Carrots, Lettuce, Peas, Broccoli (only if you click and blow up the picture) and far back in the shade, the ever-lush Swiss Chard.
 On the other side of the yard my Peas are growing around tomato cages, and already they're climbing up!

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Oh I've missed these posts so much Jeane :D Good to see you back!!! And the garden is looking FANTASTIC!! :D