03 September 2010

goldmoss hanging

My biggest project yesterday, was using wire to turn some of my little pots into hanging ones, for the Goldmoss to dangle. I was so pleased with the effect that I pulled up more plant material from the front yard, and made even more pots! Now I have one in each front window,
one in the kitchen by the spider plant,
one in the mudroom window, two in the window between kitchen and mudroom
and a small one in the bathroom (not sure if there's enough light in there).
It was hard to get good pictures of them, as they were all backlit but here's a few sitting on the counter when they were just potted and not yet hung.
 You can see how pale the foliage is; I think because it was so dry outside.
Already today they're taking on a brighter green hue, like these leaves on the first plants. I think they're so pretty!

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I just love your little goldmoss so much!! I look for it everytime I go into a nursery now but can never find it :( One of these days I'll find some!

Jeane said...

It's also called stonecrop. Actually, it's a groundcover plant! I just pulled some out of my front yard and tried growing it as a houseplant in hanging pots as an experiment. You could probably find it in a nursery with the creeping groundcovers, and then just repot it this way.