02 July 2010

flores

The pink Gladiolas are starting to collapse outside, so I cut them to enjoy inside the house.
They're so stunningly beautiful they look unreal to me
and very striking in the vase alongside the red ones.
In the front bed I found these odd little flowers.
I don't know what they are, but they're pretty in a demure, curious sort of way.
(1 hour later) I found its name! Believe it or not, this is another hibiscus variety, often considered a weed, called Flower of an Hour because each flower only opens for one day and lasts an hour or so. I think I will let it continue to grow, as there's nothing else in that corner.

For future reference, after visiting many flower-identification sites, this one was the most helpful. You enter how many petals and the colors, and it brings up a photo list to search in.

No comments: