04 June 2010

more flowers

More Daylilies are blooming, in other parts of the yard. This clump by the back patio, near the pea row.
And the ones in the far back corner from whence I dug plants to move last year.
They're so bold and pretty, I had to take more closeups!

In the corner I let Isa dig in, the plant I've always called fennel shot up tall white umbrels of flowers. I looked it up. I was wrong. It's not fennel, it's queen anne's lace, or wild carrot.

In one corner of the garden is what Isa and I just call "the sticker bush" or "the prickly bush". The first year we were here it made a little fruit, which got eaten by birds before it was ripe. I was never sure if it was blackberries or something else. I cut it way down because it was spreading thorny spears coming up in my lawn. No berries last year. But now we have flowers again!

After carefully looking at some photos online, I think they're actually boysenberries. The blackberry flowers seem to have pinkish tints, and mine are all white.

No comments: