17 June 2010

happy plants

I have happy plants! How can I tell they're happy? They're growing!

My big Spider plant has this little twisty stem growing out that will turn into a hanging baby soon (I remember how they grew on my mother's plant).
This Dracaena that sits in the corner
has buds emerging from one of the thick stems. I didn't know it would do this.
My little Avocado plant is getting leafy!
One of the stems suddenly shot taller than the other; I think it was getting more light so I've rotated the pot. Not sure if I'm supposed to clip these shoots off one more time at six inches, to encourage more branching?
And just because I brought it in the house for Isa to admire today, here's a photo of her little Apple plant. I cut off the stick it was tied to; it still leans but isn't bent anymore. Maybe I should leave it with support a while longer...

No comments: