20 May 2009

plant stuff

Thrilled today to find the Pumpkin seedlings coming up, and half a dozen Green Beans! I should have been more patient. I quickly covered them all with plastic bottle cloches for the night. Even though the G Beans came up, I still planted the soaked seeds in indoor trays to start- also Beets, Chard, Canteloupe, snap Peas and Broccoli. Outside put a few seeds in gaps in the rows- of Chard and Beets. Planted in pots along the porch more Nasturtiums and some herbs: Chives, Rosemary, Thyme, Mint (again) and Oregano. Basil planted in tiny six-pot greenhouse found at the goodwill for seventy cents.

The Radishes have shot tall, and are now making flowers, without getting round. I wonder what I did wrong- the soil's often damp there, is it too wet? or wrong composition? I'll have to figure it out.

Pumpkin

Green Bean

Radish

No comments: