12 August 2018

a few little angel pics

My new little angels are very skittish. I had the tank lights off and covered it with a sheet all day yesterday to keep dark. Today decided to still keep the tank light off, just ambient room light while they continue to settle in. Any movement outside the tank and they hide behind the left sponge filter. So due to the lack of lighting the photos are pretty dim.
This isn't even a full tank shot- you can see how small they are! (One of the sticks fell over from my arrangement, but I'll fix it later. Don't want to put my hands in the tank and alarm them right now).
When they do venture out from behind filter, they remain in the back of the tank behind the sticks. Both are 'wild-type' silvers. Larger one has normal stripe pattern.
Smaller one has a very faint extra stripe on the body (disappears when the fish goes pale). Maybe a 'zebra'? I hope the little guy catches up in size to the other one.
But they do tend to spend a lot of time just facing the back wall. Very timid, I guess. For now, I try to avoid making sudden moves outside the tank when I'm in that hallway, to keep from startling them. And I wanted to get in close with the camera but made myself stop hovering, let them be.
They certainly are keeping a close eye on everything around them. I fed them a bit of crushed shrimp pellet this morning, which they ate if it fell right in front of them. Several hours later I gave them live mosquito wigglers- that coaxed them out of their corner! They seemed to like it- I saw little eager tail wiggles as bites were taken. Afterwards the smaller one was still hanging around the back of the tank when a snail fell from the top clinging to a bit of frogbit. Snail let go of the leaf, it floated up the front tank glass. The little angel turned and zoomed quick to the front of the tank, to check out that moving leaf.

No comments: