23 February 2013

plans

I am thinking ahead, not only to what I'm going to plant on my balcony this year, but also what I want to do indoors. In regards to the houseplants, my intents are to:

Divide the African Violet
Pot up the Boston Fern
Pot up the started Pothos cuttings
Prune the Avocado
Prune and restart as cuttings the smaller Croton plant
Repot all the Palms into a better potting mix
Move the Poinsettias each up into new, bigger containers (when they regrow)

I'd like to divide my Norfolk Island Pine into groupings of three in two pots - right now it's six plants and a seedling in one pot- but that plant, I read, is particularly sensitive to getting repotted so I am leery of trying it yet.

Growing experiments I have in mind include:

Try to grow an orange plant from seed again
Try to grow wild rose from seed
Buy some fresh Ginger with root eyes and grow it!

All of this is still waiting for proper spring weather...

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

These sound like great plans!!! I have a lemon tree that I grew from seed :) It's two years old now and still tiny :p Only like 10 inches tall, but I'm still proud of it :p

Jeane said...

I have tried so many times and never could get a citrus seed to even germinate. I think it wasn't warm enough...