21 January 2012

cold herbs

Most of my herb plants seem to be doing just fine, in spite of the snow. Rosemary:
Lavender:
The Thyme has grown into a wild, bushy thing. Its stems have a reddish hue and the leaves are darker color than the two indoor plants I have in pots. So I think I've answered my own question: thyme likes to grow outside.
Sage:
The Mints are all completely dead-looking but I have faith they'll survive, mint is such a hardy stubborn thing.
My little Oregano is completely covered in snow, and the Parsley plants as well. I feel pretty certain the parsleys will survive, not so sure about the oregano...

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I'm sure your mint will survive too! You can't kill it, lol. These are all such beautiful pictures :) Love them!! Thyme does indeed like to be outside. I planted a couple of seeds in a long windowbox and it took over the entire box! I have thyme coming out of my ears!

Jeane said...

Wow. Sounds like you have a lot of thyme. For some reason I thought I could grow it indoors in a pot, but no need, if it lives all winter!