20 September 2011

herbs

Here is the start of my herb bed! On the right are the two Thyme plants, on the left are the Rosemary (top) and Lavender (bottom). I've been wanting to have all the perennial herbs in one area, but also reading more about how herbs can repel pests from the garden, some of them would do better to be in different spots according to what's planted where. (For example, last year my thymes were planted near the cauliflowers. I had problems with white cabbage butterfly caterpillars, but not with flea beetles -which drove me crazy the year before- because apparently the thyme kept them away) So not sure about that, now.
Nearby are the Parsley plants. I think I might dig some up to bring indoors in pots for the winter.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Whenever I have my own place I plan on having my own little dedicated herb bed :) I love it!

Jeane said...

I have big plans for this little bed.