19 March 2019

angel wigglers

There's a dozen of them. I can see eyes and tails. I lifted a few out of the tank this morning- kind of accidentally. Saw there was a lump of white fungus, looked like a dead fry or two. Tried very carefully to siphon out the dead one with my long acyrlic tube, but it picked up a few live ones too. The parents didn't notice at first, they came topside when I lifted the lid looking for breakfast. Then they saw what I was doing, and attacked the tube. I slowly released the water back into the tank, M Beautiful retrieved all the wigglers and put them back on the leaf- including the dead one. It slid to the edge so I was able to get it out a second time without disturbing the live wigglers.

Parents have split pectoral fins, and the female's tail is torn. They both have small scrapes on their sides. Have been bickering again- over parental duties, I keep thinking. Skye is just as diligent as M Beautiful this morning, hovering near the wiggler's leaf and plucking at things.

Some of my anubias are getting brown algae on them, from the sunlight. The crypts and buces look great, though. Crypt balansae is taking off, crypt wendtii looks prettier than I've ever seen it, and the tiny bit of crypt retrospiralis I put in here on a chance, is regrowing (while another val has died).

No comments: